Radar Poetry is thrilled to announce the first annual Radar Invitational, an intensive workshop and residency to take place October 30 - November 1, 2015 at the historic Inn at Glencairn in Princeton, NJ. Here's how it works:
The purpose of this intensive workshop is to revise existing poems with an eye toward publication. Rachel Marie Patterson and Dara-Lyn Shrager, the editors of Radar Poetry, lead the workshop and discussion of submissions and publication. We are joined by special guests for readings and conversation.
We invite any poet to apply to this comprehensive, three-night workshop.
The total tuition cost of $1200 covers:
- Private accommodation Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings at the beautiful Inn at Glencairn estate
- All meals and snacks for the duration of the workshop, with dietary needs and restrictions accommodated, as well as wine in the evenings
- Two 4-hour group workshop sessions led by the editors
- One half-hour, privately-scheduled session to discuss your work with the editors
- Specialized sessions on strategies for submitting poems to journals and publishers
- Readings and craft discussions each night led by guest faculty members
View or download the proposed workshop agenda here: Radar Invitational
Space is limited to 6 participants, and we admit poets through a competitive application process. The application is open until the deadline of October 1; all applicants are notified by October 15, and must make a non-refundable downpayment no later than October 23 to reserve a space.
There is no fee to submit an application. Send us 5-10 of your best poems in a single file through our online submissions manager. Previously published work is acceptable, but please note the date and location of publications in your cover letter, which can be typed in the comments box. Remove all identifying information from the poems themselves, as we read applications blind.
There are no application restrictions. All decisions will be made on the basis of merit alone.
If you have questions about the process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!